Air France travel
Air France travel
When I plan a trip and especially when I choose an airline for my flight, it's important for me to know the services and conditions that the airline I choose offers.
It is also useful for me to know the reviews of customers who have already travelled on a similar route to mine with a specific airline. For this reason, I provide you with objective user reviews to allow you to evaluate various options before choosing your Air France travel.
Air France travel
As a French, I've travelled many, many times with Air France. From Strasbourg to Paris, to London, to Amsterdam (with KLM), to the Carabain Island, to San Francisco and so forth...
Because Air France is the main French airline.
It was back then even the only airline in France:
- the airline is known for having created the first supersonic network by Concorde in 1976
- has operated flights with Airbus A380 since 2009
- today Air France is part of the Air France-KLM group founded by the Dutch company KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Air France serves 231 destinations worldwide
- operates 1600 daily flights
- the company has a fleet of 327 aircraft
- in October 2013 Air France celebrated its 80th anniversary!
How can you register online?
As soon as you book your Air France flight ticket:
- you have the possibility to buy a seat or buy a Seat Plus for more comfort
- you can also choose how you receive your boarding pass (immediate printing, email, SMS/MMS) or pick up the flight ticket at a Self-Service Terminal or at the registration counter when you arrive at the airport.
- Online check-in is available 30 hours before your Air France flight or 24 hours before departure for all flights operated by Delta Air Lines from the United States.
- You will then obtain your boarding pass and will only have to leave your luggage at the dedicated counter at the airport.
How many hand luggage are you allowed to bring with?
The number of pieces of hand luggage allowed per passenger depends on the category of the flight ticket:
In Eco Class you can carry:
- a 55 x 35 x 25 cm / 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 in carry-on baggage
- and a small accessory, all of which must not exceed a total weight of 12 kg / 26 lb.
- Another small bag of 40 x 30 x 15 cm / 16 x 12 x 6 in is also allowed
Premium Eco, Business and first class
For plane tickets in Premium Economy, Business and first class:
- one carry-on bag of 55 x 35 x 25 cm / 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 is allowed as well as a smaller additional accessory
- the maximum total weight (standard baggage + small baggage) may not exceed 18 kg / 40 lbs.
Are you traveling with a baby?
If you are traveling with a baby:
- one additional piece of luggage is allowed with a maximum weight of 12 kg / 26 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 x 35 x 25 cm / 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9
- on long-haul flights, cane strollers are also accepted in the cabin (15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in).
What about the hold baggage?
Your baggage allowance also depends on the flight ticket (Economy, Business or First class). The total size of a free checked baggage item must not exceed 158 cm (total height, length and width). Generally in:
- Eco class, only one 23 kg baggage item is allowed
- 2 x 23 kg bags in Premium Eco
- 2 x 32 kg bags in Business
- 3 x 32 kg bags in First Class.
If the number of your bags, dimensions or weight exceed the airline's requirements, you will have to pay an additional charge. The transport of animals, sports equipment and other special luggage is subject to specific rules that you will find on Airfrance website.
Book your Air France flight ticket now on ... !
Have a flight delay or a cancellation?
Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
Would you like to know my review about Air France?
Air france is an elegance à la française. We have built the giant A380!
By having travelled with many different companies of the world, Air France represents the quintessence of the organization and the welcoming in the"French touch" . In short, it's a bit of a mess, but you get used to it quickly.
That's what we call the French paradoxe!
The services has much beeing improved since the 2000s. But still need to get better.
And you, have you ever travel with Air France?
Do you have a review about this company? Share it!