Arthritis back pain relief
Health spa treatments
Back pain massage
Arthritis back pain relief
Lose weight can be helpful in arthritis back pain relief. A significant weight gain leading to overweight in the stomach and chest is one of the most common factors causing back pain. How to lose weight so you don't have back pain anymore?
How weight affects back pain
Severe weight gain can lead to chronic back pain. If men tend to take from the stomach and women from the stomach and chest, regardless of gender, the result is the same:
- a weakening of the abdominal muscles
- a less sustained and therefore vulnerable spine
- an unusual posture that causes stress to be applied outside the centre of the vertebrae
- the appearance of arthrosis, herniated discs, inflammation of the dorsal joints
Depending on your weight, you will be prone to these different discomforts and generally, you will have back pain. The longer the period of overweight lasts, the more likely it is that back pain will increase, raising the probability of acute problems, such as arthritis.
How can lose weight will help you with arthritis back pain relief?
There is only one solution to make back pain disappear: lose weight. How to get there?
The best is to combine the means to lose weight to ensure an effective result:
Change your diet:
- aim for a loss of 1 kilo per week
- to do this, reduce the daily nutrient intake: the average daily intake is between 1,900 calories for a woman and 2,350 for a man
- If necessary, get help from an organization or a medical nutritionist
Practice a non-violent sporting activity:
- sports activity is an essential element of weight loss
- However, you should be careful to choose an activity that does not torture your back too much, such as swimming or walking
Abdominal exercises for arthritis back pain relief
Having a good abdominal muscles helps to protect your back.
To prevent back pain, sport is an important option, especially swimming, but also abdominal exercises, back strength training, yoga and the choice of quality chairs.
Abdominal muscles for a strong back
It is an effective means of preventing chronic back pain.
The abdominals will ensure the lumbar region is maintained and come in during lifting or twisting efforts. The strengthening of the abdominal belt helps to relieve the spine (it is no longer the only one carrying the weight).
Which exercises for the abdominal muscles?
When suffering from back pain, you must be very careful when performing exercises that strain the abdominal muscles, as they can be harmful to the back if not done properly. To be sure to perform the right movements, it is recommended, at least at the beginning, to be in the presence of a professional.
Many physiotherapists organize gymnastics classes. They know which types of exercises are most appropriate for the clinic and monitor the correct body posture.
Examples of exercises for the abdominal muscles
These exercises, like any muscle exercise, should not be painful. If this is the case, these exercises should be interrupted and repeated only in the presence of a professional.
- Lying on your back, legs bent on your chest, lumbar vertebrae well on the ground, chin against your chest, hands on your temples, raise your chest smoothly and then return to the initial position.
- To be done 5 times in a row.
- Do not forget to breathe out when lifting the bust.
- Lying on your back, legs bent, knees at right angles, arms bent with hands behind the neck.
- Raise the chest smoothly while trying to bring the elbow closer to the opposite knee. Remember to breathe in well during this movement.
- Return to the initial position. To be done 5 times in a row.
Back pain help
Ask your questions. I will help you learn more about how your back works.
Do you like this page?
Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Have a comment?
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use this search feature to find it.